Application and Enrollment
1. Complete and submit the application for admission
Access the online application for the university of your choice through the campus portals on our home page or you can apply to any UNC system school through the College Foundation of North Carolina. If you have questions or need help with the application process contact the campus Office of Admissions and ask to speak with an admissions counselor.
2. Gather your supporting materials
The application process requires you to submit an official high school or GED transcript, transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, and your military transcripts. Some campuses may also require SAT or ACT scores, an essay, and/or letters of recommendation.
3. Adhere to deadlines
All UNC campuses have published application deadlines. Your application and all supporting materials should be submitted to the Office of Admissions prior to the deadline. Refer to the campus-specific websites for more information. Contact the Office of Admissions for your institution of choice if you encounter difficulties in submitting all required items prior to the deadline.
4. If admitted
- First, congratulations and welcome!
- Confirm your attendance by submitting the enrollment or tuition deposit
- Sign up for new student orientation
- Complete the federal financial aid form (you may be eligible for educational grants)
- Apply for GI Bill or other veterans benefits or Military Tuition Assistance
- Arrange for housing (on campus or off campus)
- Submit required health forms and immunization records
- Register for classes (this will occur during or immediately following orientation)
5. Preparing for your first day of class
After registering for classes make sure that you have noted the day/time and location for each class, purchased all required textbooks, and printed out the course syllabi (if available).
Chapel Hill Web Design by Sprocket House