Military Transcripts

You may be able to receive college credit for your military training and experience. For example, all 16 UNC campuses will award credit and hours for military basic recruit training. This credit can be used to fulfill the Health and Physical Education general education requirement. Additional credit may be awarded as applicable based on degree requirements and ACE recommendations as reported on your military transcript. You can request the appropriate military transcript be sent to the campus of your choice from one of the following organizations:

AIR FORCE: Community College of the Air Force CCAF/DFRS
100 South Turner Blvd
Gunter Annex AL 36114-3011

ARMY, NAVY, MARINE CORPS, COAST GUARD: Joint Services Transcript
The Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard are now producing a Joint Services Transcript. Transcripts can be requested online.

Contact Information

Army and National Guard:
Toll Free: 1-888-276-9472

Fax: Comm: (757) 492-5095 DSN: 492-5095
Toll Free: 1-877-838-1659

Marine Corps:
Fax: Comm: (850) 452-1909 DSN: 459-1909

Coast Guard:
Fax: (405) 954-7249

The American Council on Education (ACE) has published a Transfer Guide designed to help military veterans understand the system by which colleges award academic credit for training earned while in the armed forces. The publication lays out the different approaches taken by different institutions and the ways in which the ACE Credit Recommendations process tries to bridge those differences.

Chapel Hill Web Design by Sprocket House